- Algonquin College September 2016 – July 2017 – Geographic Information Systems Graduate Certificate Program
- Carleton University – Graduated June 2016 with BA Honours Majoring in Physical Geography with a Minor in Geomatics
Skills associated with Geography/Geomatics:
Extremely proficient with ESRI ARC GIS 10.3, PCI Geomatica, ENVI, R-Studio, Micro-Station, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D, use of many different types of GPS and Data collection equipment, Microsoft Excel. Use of data collection during field work and understanding of hydrology principals. SQL and database management, Python.
Junior Geomatics Technician, BluMetric Environmental Inc. May 2016 – Present
- Provide support to senior GIS staff, engineers and other environmental staff through office work and field work
- Work with a team to create and process data collected from the field to create maps and reports for clients
- Work with creating technical drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D including surface models, buildings plans and hydrology flow diagrams
- Much of the work is done with using monitoring well data and image analysis of DEM data.
Senior Data Analyst Assistant, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change – Government of Ontario
May 2015 -August 2015
- Responsible for geodatabase cleansing involving quality control over the coordinates of different environmental sites within various Ministry databases
- Used a variety of spatial information sources such as Google Maps and Land Information Ontario Maps
- Overall goal of correcting/verifying the information in the Integrated Divisional System (IDS) database
- Role also involved the testing of new mapping software being developed by the Ministry that will be used to locate environmental sites within the IDS system.
- Helped with the training of the first time students to teach them about the systems that would be used and also explaining and showing what the tasks were that were to be worked on over the summer
- Part of a three person team that produced and revamped a map of the complex data management system
- The system is used to document the majority of the Operations Divisions business and interactions with the regulated community. The end product was an interactive map showing the integrated nature of the system and was presented to the Director of Operations Integration Branch.
Data Analyst Assistant, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change – Government of Ontario
May 2014 -August 2014
- Responsible for geodatabase cleansing which involved quality control over the coordinates of different
- environmental sites within various Ministry databases
- Used a variety of spatial information sources such as Google Maps and Land Information Ontario Maps, with an overall goal of correcting/verifying the information in the Integrated Divisional System (IDS) database
- Part of a three person team that produced a brochure on the procedures for using the IDS system for Environmental Officers and other Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change offices
- Worked on conceptualizing the concept for the brochure, production of the material, and production and distribution of the final brochure.
- Land Classification in Zimbabwe in 1998 map published in: Farm Labor Struggles in Zimbabwe, The Ground of Politics (2017). Blair Rutherford. Indiana University Press, Indianapolis.
Carleton University Awards:
- Graduated with Honours
- John Teuscher Memorial Scholarship
Port Credit Secondary School Grade 12 Awards:
- The Harry Flood Award given to a graduate who has contributed to the spirit of the school in many extra-curricular ways
- Fred Ketchen Award for SciTech given to a graduate who has displayed strong leadership and commitment to the regional SciTech program
- Principal’s Award for Leadership presented to the graduate who has demonstrated outstanding school leadership
- Subject Awards – Communications Technology
- Ontario Scholar
Open Water Diver certification – September 2014
Standard First Aid with CPR-C + AED certificate
Valid Ontario “G” license, in good standing
Smart Serve Certified
References available upon request.